- Subject to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, ecSeq Bioinformatics GmbH will allow you to attend the workshop and provide you with the materials described on the website
- Payment must be received in full prior to the course start date. You must pay each invoice we issue within 7 days starting on the date issued. If you book on any course within 14 days before the course is due to start, then payment is due immediately.
- ecSeq Bioinformatics GmbH reserves the right to cancel an event if minimum numbers are not met; in this instance a full refund or transfer of money to another event of the same value is available and a notification will be sent to all participants at least one week prior to the workshop.
- ecSeq Bioinformatics shall be entitled to cancel any workshop and terminate this agreement by notice to you at any time. Tickets will then be refunded 5 days after the relevant workshop is canceled.
- In the event that you are unable to attend a workshop you may nominate another person to attend in your place, provided that ecSeq Bioinformatics GmbH is informed of the identity of any such attendee no less than one week prior to the relevant workshop date.
- Tickets may be cancelled by the ticket holder no less than 1 month prior to the relevant workshop date.
- Tickets cancelled prior to this date will be 50% refunded 5 days after the relevant workshop is completed; or
- Tickets cancelled less than 1 month before the relevant workshop date cannot be refunded.
- ecSeq Bioinformatics GmbH recommends that participants do not make any travel arrangements until such time as the seminar has been confirmed to proceed. ecSeq Bioinformatics GmbH will not be liable for any other associated costs such as accommodation or travel costs including flights incurred by participants.
- You shall not reassign tickets without the prior written consent of ecSeq Bioinformatics GmbH.
- In consideration of the fees paid by you, we grant to you a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive licence to use the course materials and the software in respect of the online course for the sole purpose of completing the online course and/or attending the classroom course.
- All intellectual property rights in all training material available, including the design, graphics and text of all printed materials and the audio and video of all classroom courses and online courses, are owned by ecSeq Bioinformatics GmbH.
- You are not authorised to
- copy, modify, reproduce, re-publish, sub-licence, sell, upload, broadcast, post, transmit or distribute any of the course materials without prior written permission;
- record on video or audio tape, relay by videophone or other means the course given;
- use the course materials in the provision of any other course or training whether given by us or any third party trainer;
- remove any copyright or other notice of ecSeq Bioinformatics GmbH on the course materials; or
- copy, clone, modify, adapt, merge, translate, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer (save to the extent permitted by law) any software forming part of the usb keys given.
- For online courses, only the registered participant is allowed to attend. It is strictly forbidden to let third parties listen in or watch the live course.
- If you are unable to access an online course, ecSeq Bioinformatics GmbH will use reasonable endeavours to provide a solution where ecSeq Bioinformatics GmbH has direct control over the system, software or settings involved. If the issue lies with your hardware, systems, software or settings thereof, ecSeq Bioinformatics GmbH may, in its discretion, provide assistance to you to help you resolve the issue but we cannot guarantee that any assistance provided will resolve your issue.
- ecSeq Bioinformatics GmbH will use reasonable endeavours to make the online course available but cannot guarantee uninterrupted, timely or error free availability or that defects will be corrected.
- You also accept and acknowledge that ecSeq Bioinformatics GmbH cannot be held responsible for any delay or disruptions to your access to the online course as a result of such suspension or any of the following:
- the operation of the internet and the world wide web, including but not limited to viruses;
- any firewall restrictions that have been placed on your network or the computer you are using to access the online course;
- failures of telecommunications links and equipment; or
- updated browser issues.
- ecSeq Bioinformatics GmbH reserves the right to use any feedback collected in relation to the workshops for promotional purposes.
- Pictures will be taken in the workshop and will be used for marketing/promotional purposes only by ecSeq Bioinformatics GmbH. All pictures taken are owned by ecSeq Bioinformatics GmbH.
- ecSeq Bioinformatics GmbH does not represent or warrant that:
- the provision of the workshop(s) will be timely, uninterrupted or error-free;
- the workshops will meet your requirements or expectations; or
- errors or defects will be corrected.
- The workshops are provided to you strictly on an “as is” basis. All conditions, representations and warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of third party rights, are hereby disclaimed to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- ecSeq Bioinformatics GmbH shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to loss of profits, goodwill, business or business benefit, or the cost of procurement of substitute products or services by you arising from:
- cancellation of a workshop;
- attendance at a workshop;
- alteration of the times, dates, itineraries or speakers of any workshop; or
- any delay or failure to provide a workshop that is due to third parties, including but not limited to internet service providers, data centres, server hosting companies and telecommunications companies, even if advised by you or any other party of the possibility of such damages.
- Neither party will be liable for any loss or damages arising from delays resulting from circumstances beyond the reasonable control of such party, provided that the nonperforming party uses reasonable efforts to avoid or remove such causes of nonperformance and continues performance hereunder with reasonable dispatch whenever such causes are removed.
- Nothing in this agreement shall give, directly or indirectly, any third party any enforceable benefit or any right of action against ecSeq Bioinformatics GmbH and such third parties shall not be entitled to enforce any term of this agreement against ecSeq Bioinformatics GmbH.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of Germany. You agree that any dispute arising out of or in connection with this agreement will be within the jurisdiction of the German courts in Leipzig.
ecSeq Bioinformatics GmbH
Fax: +49 341 33187-962
This Statement is regularly reviewed and updated.
Date last revision: 10/11/2020.